Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Would you live anywhere else?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12486&mesg_id=12507
12507, RE: Would you live anywhere else?
Posted by guest, Wed Jul-04-01 07:47 PM
(this is my first post, hello, be nice)

When I travel I'm usually ashamed of telling people I'm American because they immediately assume I'm all about McDonalds and capitalism. American corporations invade every country possible and it just makes me sick. Also I think that based on other countries I've visited (only Japan and Spain) compared to America, the foreign people are more thoughtful and polite and care more about the artistic side of life (writing, music, art, you know) while in America that's either lost or injected with some sort of money-makingness.

As for being happy to come back to America...I was anxious to leave Japan because I was just not having a good time, I was staying with a family as a student-exchange program and they were a bunch of squares. The side of Japan I saw was really one-dimensional. And I felt like a complete outsider--little kids would come up and feel my skin and my hair and people would stare or a couple times people even took pictures of me. Which is ok, I guess, but weird. But when I went to Spain, I never wanted to come home. I loved it there, especially Barcelona. I'd love to live there. Or Chicago. I love them both.

Also I think in the beginning America knew what was up (except for the slavery thing, umm yeah that was a big minus) but the current politicians have completely disregarded the old values or implemented them in a fucked up twisted way.

that's all goodbye
rock
amber