Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectZimbabwe
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12486&mesg_id=12501
12501, Zimbabwe
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Jul-04-01 04:01 PM
Internal strife notwithstanding, I believe my ancestors were Ndebele, so I would like to live there, and inculcate myself into the culture so I could learn firsthand about the Ndebele. My brother thinks we are Zulu though, and he might be right, so I would not mind living in the parts of Southern Africa which are indigenous to the Zulu either(South Africa, Botswana). I lived in that region for two months, and felt at home, even though I wasn't(traditional Afrikan culture states that home is where your mother lives). I was related to SOMEbody from up in that camp though. I could just FEEL it. So, if I lived abroad, I would want it to be there, or Jamaica. Why Jamaica? Because of the Rasta culture, of course! I'll be getting married there as well(I'm claiming it, so that I can manifest it!). I'll have to see about the living there part, but I would not pass up the opportunity if it presented itself, I'll tell you THAT.

As far as the Fourth of July, well, our independence days as Afrikan people in America are on January 1st(1865), and Juneteenth, so those are the days I celebrate. I enjoy the fireworks of the fourth though, and appreciate any opportunity to come home and hang out w/ my family and friends, when everyone is off from work and school and relaxed. That's about all the Fourth of July means to me.

paz.

"Next to God we are indebted to Afrikan women, first for
giving us life and secondly for making that life worth
living." -author unknown

"Don't Hate the PLAYA Boy...hate the GAME," Granddad Freeman of the Boondocks(7-11-99)

*Twenty-three percent of women are "autoerotic singles" — they prefer to achieve sexual satisfaction alone(source-bet.com)

*If U have won a Grammy, one of two things are at play: 1. Your shit is TIGHT
2. U are white
-(Me)

"'Cuz U answer the phone 'peace' that means U not a freak?"-The Questions(c) Common