Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12410&mesg_id=12434
12434, ...
Posted by 5th, Tue Jul-10-01 01:05 AM
"How do you know what we look down upon? I see Africans as my long removed cousin....Thats not the sentiment of every black person in America."

-True, and my generalization was unfair on those who do consider and TREAT Africans as distant cousins (without putting them at a distance). Unfortunately there are more of the ignorant type than there are of you. Still, i stand corrected.

"The bottomline is that it is human nature to oppress, destroy and conquer."

-I agree with that to limited extent. I firmly believe it applies to certain historically (and still doing it now) antagonistic societies prepared to crush another peoples for their own advancement. I'm tempted to say Africans dont have it within our nature to "oppress, destroy and conquer" other races, but perhaps it's because the opportunity has passed and we cant do that anymore. Who knows how Africa would be now if Cecil, Karl, Livingstone and those blasted Christians had been strung up on baobab trees and left to the elements.

Again you are also right when you say i see it from a different angle. I feel that not being an american or having lived in America is a blessing in disguise. I did'nt mention other societies & places i've spent time in, and i wont, but I am well rounded. My primary concern is empowering Africa. Achieving that needs the support of Black people everywhere. Everything from academics to politicians, entertainers and even the religious.

Sig:
"The poor boy changes clothes and puts on after-shave, to compensate for his ordinary shoes" -Paul Simon; Diamonds on the soles of her shoes.