Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectSpeak On It
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12303&mesg_id=12377
12377, Speak On It
Posted by guest, Thu Jul-12-01 03:37 PM
Rayna
prqueen

Hey I just went through and read and thought some of these very inresting, motivating ideas and theories on how to enhance our school community as Black people.

Being a sista, who tutors inner-city and under-developed children daily, I see what is going on and what is wrong five days a week. The ideal of starting a community or a community school that is Black concisous is a wonderful ideal and I believe is possible, and it would be made possible with two of the three most esstenial things which are Committment and Funds! The third curcuial thing we need are PARENTS.

Like I said, I work with children everyday, and this Black concsiousness and self-respect and pride of being a Black person is first established at home.

Really thought we can't talk about or even being to plan a school or community of the mantitude if you don't have Black concscious parents. So before you can build a school you most build the parents.

Those of us who are starting with OURSELVES and education our MINDS to go to the next; beyond with the government has put in our reach are on the right tracks. Certainly by education ourselves and reading books by bell hooks (who I also look reading) and African inspired books are in the right direction to blowing the sht of the roof.

Peace
PRQUEEN

P.S. May I suggest to start a way on how to gain funds read
RICH DAD POOR DAY. It is a great, easy read book. Oprah had the author on her show and I am a madd fan of Oprah. The book has a lot of captilists ideas in it but one can make madd money and gain finical education by reading this book.

Peace