Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecti'm not asking the
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12203&mesg_id=12220
12220, i'm not asking the
Posted by guerilla_love, Mon Jul-16-01 12:21 PM
right question, i don't think. but i'm just trying to get a more concrete- beauty in practice- kinda answer instead of the touchy feely answers that seem to always come as a knee jerk response-

>write in my journal for about 20-30 minutes

ever look at yr handwriting? i love the way handwriting falls on a page. i also love playing with the spacing between thoughts. helps me to clear my head as well as keep ideas separate and easy to get back to

> take a decent shower, use an astringent
>& shine free cream on my face, put on deodorant & lotion

ever get scented lotion or scented deoderant? i have some papaya lotion, and the smell drives me wild. but actually i think i like the cherry almond more. i love to smell almond scented skin throughout the day, though, when i remember to stop and sniff.

>dig around for clothes I haven't worn that week (based on the
>weather), press whatever needs pressing

how do you chose what outfits to wear? why do you press yr clothes? personally, i do the sniff test, and then follow colors, because colors can set yr mood for the day-

>My hair is in twists so I usually
>only style it a couple times a week.

why twists? why style it?

and most importantly, what do these things say about you and your relationship with beauty?

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

-Giovanni, rhythmic poet extraordinaire

i believe in education and empowerment through art. i believe that movements happen when ideas are set to music. bodies and people come together through dance and movement, eyes awaken in the face of a good movie, and whatever ya gotta say is useless unless you can use these tools to reach right into people

"The logic of divide and rule is still valid today." Capleton

DomePoem Poets; Vibe Nation; One ppl under the spoken word