Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectblack people should stay poor forever
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=12176&mesg_id=12190
12190, black people should stay poor forever
Posted by dafriquan, Sun Jul-22-01 09:13 AM
at least that's the impression i get from a lot of people on these boards. look at it this way: if you have a choice to improve your life and you turn it down for any reason, you really need your head checked. i don't support black people adopting "mainstream white" values but i don't agree that you can group the black middle class into one group. there is no uniformity of ideology in the black middle class. some of them try to distance themselves from their community as much as possible, others try to use their better economic position to improve thier community.
middle class itself is not an ideology, it is defined by how much you bring home.
some of your favourite political activists/"conscious" rappers are from the black middle class. so don't think that they can be classified as a stagnant class.
we don't go to universities and colleges so that we can come out the same place we started(just so as not to be labelled bourgie).
please, we trying to break the five figure income line...with absolutely no apologies.
SIGNATURE STARTS YONDER
"I'm not looking...forward to seeing
him"- Snoop on Suge's release.
understatement of the year :-)
:-)NE LOVE/N:-(LOVE
(THE C:PHICE IS Y:9URS)
The emoticon as 'O' symbol is a
registered trademark of dafriquan.
No biting without written permission.