Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: next question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11848&mesg_id=11904
11904, RE: next question
Posted by 360sunsumyea, Fri May-19-00 06:00 AM
>Your analogy doesnt speak well enough to the nature of man- while a mosque and a church will never be the same place- it does not preclude that Christian men could not be welcome in a mosque and vice versa.

it was the first analogy i could come up w/.
and i agree that a christian man/woman could very well be welcomed in a mosue, just like a person from one land might visit another land. however, when the two attempt to COMBINE to form one, herein lies the problem. not in all things, but in terms of the afrikan reality vs. the european reality and their historic relationship to one another, has that relationship ever been in balance when the two were combined in one land, in one space?

>As far as the analogy- their may be cultural disputes but reasonable men can live civilly under even the most oppresive circumstances.

i don't quite understand this because i thought we wre trying NOT to live in oprressive circumstances rather than just exist civily in oppressive circumstances. i know we can do this (the latter), but when existing in circumstance means repressing full expression of your culture to the only place where it can exist w/ out being attacked (the soul, the spirit), then i don't think that is healthy. whatever your culture is. maybe i am not getting what you are tryna say.

>If we couldnt- there would be no use- what we have currently is a great number of people who are not willing to try.

at the same time there are a great number of people who ARE willing to try and live civily as long as full expression of culture, true teaching of history/religion...remains in the past. it's like let's start from where we are now, remember history only in terms of the past. never link it to today in a way that would make people see and deal w/ each other a different level w/ a different understanding. i don't think people (and i mean black and white) really want to go through this process. and yes, i am jumpin out there to make that generalization.

**********THE SIG**********

i'm a tru pisces tryna flow in the direction of both of these okplayer quotes:

"I m raising a fuckin angelic being who is going to replenish this fuckin earths cuz in 2G all we fuckin do is talk.....im teachin my seed to turn his spirit inside out and spread beams of green light"
-nebbie

"GOd give me the strength to change the things i can, understanding for those i cannot and the muthafuckin heart to stand up for my beliefs and principles, so that when the government that is suppossed to protect me turns against me and my people we will have the means, the might and the muthafuckin gun power to blow away our oppressors
umm amen"
-earthqueen

and last but not least:

"all things considered, i'd rather be me"
-bfnh