Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectmy question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11848&mesg_id=11890
11890, my question
Posted by 360sunsumyea, Thu May-18-00 11:38 AM
thnaks k for finally puttin all this in one place.

my question is this:
hypothetically speaking, what if people (black/white...)were to really understand what you are saying? and then white people proceed to re-learn and embrace their family heritages and call themselves some form of european-amerikkan. does changing the way they classify themselves absolve white(?) people of 500 years of systematic oppression? you stated in a previous thread in the lesson, that amerikkka has a karmic debt to pay. so once white people realize and accept that they are not white, who then does this debt fall upon?
what you are saying is true- no argument.
what i see is a bunch of white people reclaiming their heritage, and then saying to us, see, you have no one to blame anymore. personally, i don't care what they think, i think they (as a collective) need serious counseling, but many of us do care so i care how their understanding of what you are saying would affect us.

the fact remains, they banded together to control the minds, the mines, the land, the schools, the churches...so shouldn't we see them as the collective they chose to be to fight back?

i recognize the problem in this (preceeding paragraph) being those whites who genuinely seek to acknowledge the past, relearn and deprogram their minds, and be part of the process that changes actions and thus change results. i have no clue as to how we deal w/ them. and this is where claiming your true heritage would work.

please, school me K.

(but can you keep it under 2 pages?)j/k.

much love baby.

**********THE SIG**********

i'm a tru pisces tryna flow in the direction of both of these okplayer quotes:

"I m raising a fuckin angelic being who is going to replenish this fuckin earths cuz in 2G all we fuckin do is talk.....im teachin my seed to turn his spirit inside out and spread beams of green light"
-nebbie

"GOd give me the strength to change the things i can, understanding for those i cannot and the muthafuckin heart to stand up for my beliefs and principles, so that when the government that is suppossed to protect me turns against me and my people we will have the means, the might and the muthafuckin gun power to blow away our oppressors
umm amen"
-earthqueen

and last but not least:

"all things considered, i'd rather be me"
-bfnh