Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Thats what bugs me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11848&mesg_id=11888
11888, RE: Thats what bugs me
Posted by guest, Thu May-18-00 07:45 AM
What's interesting is that all kinds of people willingly WILL NOT stop to even think that this is the truth and the only folks I've seriously gotten to listen to what I have to say are of African descent (although I'm just gettin' started, the believers are few and, not-so amazingly, young--high school age, in fact). All I, and everyone else who believes, can do is keep tryin'. Both those who think they're "black" and "white" can't even fathom how their lives would change if they REALLY took the time to consider the racist ideology they live everyday.

Its the same with a lot of stuff I've been trying to point out to these folks though. A fellow OKPlayer pointed me to an article about how some breast cancer is caused and the industries that are creating it are the same ones who are in business to create medications to alleviate the symptoms of it. The people that I come in contact with everyday (my co-workers at my 2nd job, all women) couldn't even get past the first page (it was 4 pages printed) without asking what the point of the article was. I was stunned, to say the least. Just goes to show..."Ya blind baby....ya blind to the fact of who ya are 'cause you're watchin' all that garbage."

"It ain't where you from, its where you at"--RAKIM
"I am everyday people"--SLY AND THE FAMILY STONE