Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject...and then I said...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11848&mesg_id=11884
11884, ...and then I said...
Posted by guest, Thu May-18-00 05:26 AM
I disagree with this definition of racism

I think its a common misconception among militant Blacks that this is a fair definition of racism. I urge you all to understand that the definition of racism is much much simpler than that.

Racism- is simply the belief and propogation of race classification as a valid means of categorizing human development. The key to race is not power- its ideology.

White American propoganda has pervasively held people under the presumption that racism is demonstrated by extreme views and actions but no- those are simply the end of a spectrum that runs throughout American society- and yes that means you too.

Do you need to burn a cross to be a racist- no you only need to believe in race- that is the root. Do you need to impose your supposed privilege upon others to be racist- no. Being a racist doesnt even mitigate that one is prejudice hence the term racial prejudice. The trick being played on you is not that you're in a racist system but that you are subsequently racist and that system is trying to keep you from considering that- so that you may carry on that ideology- dont fall for it- NONE OF YOU.

As I understand race and racism- we are all guilty if we support the ideology of race classification. What Im here to tell you is that we shouldnt support such classification. we'll get into that later.

with all that said (and wait til the "white" guy hears this)

All Whites are racist- and of course all Blacks are racist; the difference is Blacks have good reason to be. we'll get into that later too.

K