Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThe truth is...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11848&mesg_id=11868
11868, The truth is...
Posted by guest, Wed May-17-00 09:55 AM
I didnt read anything to come to these conclusions- nothing concise that persuaded me to these thoughts. ive read amiri Baraka, Eldridge Cleaver, Ivan Van Sertima, Malcolm X but Ive never found these postulates offered there.

I think my views are more a culmination of being perpetually respectful and vigilent in terms of alternative information and history. My father is a lawyer and I served my high school time in a jesuit acadamy and as such i have a predisposition to questioning the information i am given.

In questioning the system of social politics in this country I have found alot of evidence that demonstrates that anything this government propogates is probably a lie and as such I am apt to question everything that we think we know- certainly everything that has been told.

I ran across the White lie just being argumentative and lo and behold it actually made sense when I questioned it. Ive challenged White people (which should be the true test) and my thoughts havent been diminished one bit from the very start.

Its funny how the truth hits you.

I have lived intimately among white people for several years and understand them despite their own cultural confusion. The most powerful thing about my views is that when I challenge so-called White people its not so much that Im right but more often the White person has to admit that they know little or nothing about their "White" origins- and what is easily referenced about that history are the things that whites dont want to accept as part of their culture. THATS the problem- its one thing to know the horrible implications of racial classification but to be oblivious to them yet still empower them to indentify human kind is very dangerous. It is a pervasive and ominous threat to us all.

I never read anything that told me this- Im just glad that those books out there demonstrate that im not the only one who feels this way.

K