Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: White Lies
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11848&mesg_id=11867
11867, RE: White Lies
Posted by guest, Wed May-17-00 05:11 AM
I incorporate a similar theory in my studies of feminism and the racism that basically veiled the existance of a black feminist movement. But you brought it to me in a much larger scope. I'm interested in knowing what you are reading. I saw that you listed some books that someone else suggested, but where can I tap into some of your resources? By the way, I am seen as "white" (actually German-, Italian-, Russian-, Scottish- and ?-American -- phew!)and you are completely right when you say that the knowledge is right there but "white" people feel that they are benefitting by embracing "americanism." And for the same reason that they embrace "white culture," the majority of them are not going to accept a theory such as this, as well-argued as it is, coming from a "black" person. It will be quickly dismissed -- I have seen this happen time and time again. That's why this message needs to infiltrate their security by way of someone they see as one of their own. Thanks for taking the time to post all of this, and please suggest some reading. Peace.