Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: dreams are stuff that...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11794&mesg_id=11812
11812, RE: dreams are stuff that...
Posted by standard deviant, Mon Sep-17-01 09:03 AM
there was a study done last year on insomniacs...here is the basic layout:

The experimental group is the insomniacs (actually, it was people that do not dream, but I don't know the term for them, so from now on I'll call them insomniacs), the control is "normal" sleepers.

They have people play tetris a certain number of hours a day. Take some time off (for the control, to sleep). And then come back. The control group dreamed about tetris (you know you've done it before), and consistently got better at the game. The insomniacs did not dream of tetris and DID NOT IMPROVE AT ALL, NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY PLAYED.

So the researchers conclude that on some level, dreams must be where your brain actually takes the day's activities and blazes the pathways for your memory.

The site I saw it on is currently down...but as soon as it is up again, I'll post the link.

"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech"--Being John Malkovich

"Killing fields need blood to graze the cash cow..."--Mos Def

"No matter how insane and dispicable you act, I can one up you, because I work for the government."--Million Dollar Hotel

"I'm not racist--I LOVE Hip-Hop."--DarkStar

"Ohhhh, I'll never be a Globetrotter. My life--and by extension everyone else's--is meaningless."--Bender