Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectprobably...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11689&mesg_id=11707
11707, probably...
Posted by guest, Fri Sep-21-01 08:22 AM
the thing is...i realized one day that cats don;t know everything...so i tried to find a common language..."simplicity". this works often on the "information" side (and this is what i talk aboutmost of the time) but then cats wanna always retreat in the "personal" areas, a place where they think they are immune. you see this happening when a discussion about history ends up in "you believe what you believe, and i'lll believe what i believe." fuck that, both people started with the same language but one was better at speaking it. thus, the second person flees to the "safe zone". "YOU" know what i mean by that, we see it all the time...if cats would just admit shit, then it'd be over with a lot sooner...but alas...

being that most of the opinion stuff is built upon "information" or "distorted information" i decide to stay in that eralm most of the time. the personal attacks (what i like to call funtime) come when the person pulls a little bitch-ass move, and "tags out" right when they know they're about to get slammed.

e.g. someone saying the vegetarian diet is deficient in protien...

now "I" know and "you" know this is false and is opinion or "distorted informationally" based, but that person doesn't, so we start the conversation on the "scientific" level. however, after about 3 minutes the person realizes they don't know shit about protien and the defenses come up...and you know the rest...self-consciousness...feeling like shit because of exposed ignorance...etc.

that type of shit happens here every single day...

(((((PEACE)))))