Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: more footnotes...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11430&mesg_id=11469
11469, RE: more footnotes...
Posted by HalleluYAH, Fri Oct-05-01 04:24 AM
>(from The New Jerusalem Bible, p.81;
>pub. by Doubleday, 1990)

In regards to this, let's be sure we know that these "new bibles" are interpreting stories correctly some scholars are interpreting the old testament particularly off of diluted english versions or from bookslike the talmud and pentateuch which have been proven to be tampered with...

The torah however cannot be tampered with or it changes how the book is read...see for reference meru.org...

the torah much like the Qur'an reads in a certain way...teh Qur'an reads like a song, something that flows into itself, much like the torah, almost exactly for the slight difference that in the torah the first five books of teh tanach, the first hebrew letter of Genesis leads/means into the first word, means the first sentence means the first paragraph, means the first chapter means the first book, means the Torah...
the letters and words when written side by side is in actuality one word....from genesis to deutoronomy...it reads a specific way, it has a beat...if anyone adds or takes away...it skips or loses a beat...

with that said, unless you have a hebrew english book, I wouldn't put too much faith in it...

>
>>Thutmose I(1525-1512 BC) a professional soldier
>>put egypt ona war footing
>>and launched invasions as far
>>as the euphrates river- he
>>feared Israelite disloyalty, we know
>>this from egyptian inscriptions stating
>>“when a war shall be
>>called, they(israelites) shall join our
>>enemies” and ordered therefore the
>>killing of all new born
>>israelite male babies…supported by bothe
>>exodus 1: 9-16) and the inscriptions
>>of Thutmose I himself…
>
>Exodus 1:11 footnote: "Egypt does not
>seem to have had a
>regular system of forced labour,
>though the manpower for major
>undertakings was provided in part
>by prisoners of war and
>by serfs attached to the
>royal domains, see for Israel,
>2 Samuel 12:31. The Israelites
>regarded being reduced to theese
>inferior categories as an intolerable
>from of oppression.

It is simply more than just being reduced to categories, you and your ancestors yourself were reduced to thos categories and now not even 600 years later some of us still consider that intolerable...even so...the hatred of the "Sheperd People" was more than that as stated through exodus as well...it was a hatred of teh people, the people were considered inferior, and dirty...they were considered low class human beings...

do you honestly think that such a prejudice, was simply reduced to categories, look at world life...do you see what this prejudice does to our world now...Do you think that people have changed since then? Is it for the worse or for the better?

It
>is not surprising that they
>wanted to return to their
>free way of life in
>the desert; nor that the
>Egyptians took the suggestion as
>a form of slave revolt."

You say it here yourself, it is not surprising that the israelites wnated to return to their "free" way of life- tehy were not free...

nor as well, it is not surprising that the Egyptians took it as a form of slave revolt...

(by the way, when I say you sometimes I am addressing the poster and other times I am addressing all readers)

>
>Exodus 1:12 footnote: "Residence in the
>Delta of Pharaoh Rameses II;
>to be identified either with
>Tanis or with Qantir.
>The reference indicates Ramses II
>(1290-1224) as the oppressive Pharaoh
>and gives an approximate date
>for the Exodus."

According to scholars and egyptologists, archaeologists and historians the hebrews were not even in egypt at that time, as well, David was already king of Israel...so that it is way after the timeof teh exodus...

Artifacts, slabs with inscriptions and accounts by ancient historians(which were infact recorders of their present time) all lead scholars and the like to the year 1433bc...it may be hard for this millenium scholars who have diluted texts and maybe have never left their country to pinpoint the date, yet, we have scholars from all over the world, including germany, holland, greece, egypt, israel, america and france who have done this study...

This is why I say it is important to break out of our shell of amerixcan this and afrikan that...the view one should have is not from that perspective, it should be a world view...from your own eyes not from the eyes of someone elses point of view...teh only way to get unbiased inof is to either research opposing sides pov's or to research with teh rest of the world, with so many hands in the pot from different countries, the search is not to prove personal ties to antiquity, but simply to find the truth...

>Exodus 1:14 footnote: "The story of
>oppression is continued at 5:6-23.
> In the following verses,
>the measures taken for the
>destruction of the male children
>do not tally with the
>requirements of forced labor,

yes this may have been true at that time, but I urge you to read what I have written again...and see that teh hebrews were not put into forced labor during the time that Moses was born which was 1513 BC, they were not put into that forced labor until Moses was between teh ages of 35 and 45 during the times of thutmose III.....thutmose the I was the one who according to his own inscriptions declared to kill all the first borns...

>as poetx said in another post,
>why would the Egyptians kill
>all those newborns if they
>needed so many slaves?

I explained why this happened in my previous post...it would do some good to read before replying...

these inscriptions were in thutmose's own words..with his royal seals

It
>seems to boil down to
>a matter of perspective...the Hebrews
>my have seen their status
>in Egypt as negative and
>wrote their story accordingly.

So if blacks in America see themselves in an oppressed situation does it make it true or not?

To you its true because you are alive in this time, yet to the future who knew not of us, knew not of our time...with all this info out there, they probably would be saying the same things about us...

Yet, when it comes to history a time when we were not alive we question it because we think that Israelites are not our people, we think that israelites are not black people, we think that black people would not enslave other black people...why is that?

As Solarus and others I believe have stated in other posts....it was easy for Moses to pass as an egyptian to other people, so they must have been the same ethnicity...

More importantly the egyptians and the israelites were more than the same ethnicity, they were brothers and sisters in essence, the Israelites coming from the seed of Shem and the Egyptians from the seed of Mizraim...

It's not about black and white and it is true it is not about what white american men say our history was or the history of egypt or israel say...nor is it embedded in what afrocentric scholars say either for both have an ulterior motive and we fool ourselves if we don't believe that they do...

I'll post my references, I have over twelve pages....do you all think that you will really let it help you to see the events of history clearer?