Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectNo ACTUALLY
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11430&mesg_id=11440
11440, No ACTUALLY
Posted by HalleluYAH, Thu Oct-04-01 05:06 AM
>Modern-day Ethiopians (or more specifically mostly
>Amharic -

Amharic is the name of their language it is not what they are called, sort of like hebrew is a language and Yisrael is what they ar called...

but not the southern
>most tribes who are culturally
>more similar to the tribes
>of Nuba mountains-

Do you have a map infront of you preferably an old one? If not here are some links to show you, but these are modern maps yet they give you an overall feel of what I am speaking of, I have copies of some old maps, but I'm afraid I don't have a way to get you any...
at this site you get an idea of the arabian peninsula...teh "so-called" is actually the whole country...
http://www.graphicmaps.com/webimage/countrys/asia/arabian.htm

this next one will show you where ancient kush is located...now on my map...teh Area of sudan, ethiopia and possibly, chad the unamed country(the one you can't make out), kenya and somalia were all ancient Kush....this is where the Nuba mountains are located...
http://fga.freac.fsu.edu/maps.html

Now if what you say below is true then you have proven without a doubt that the land of Kush/ethiopia(I have no disagreement that name is a western name) did belong to the Kushites...

It's important that when you name these countries you have with you a modern and an ancient map to see for youself how the land was mapped out...this takes care of this part here

>The land of Saba was
>formally found on the Western
>Coast of the so-called Arabian
>pennisula. They lived on
>both the Afrikan and "Arabian"
>coasts as the water between
>the two is miniscule.

) are mostly
>descendants of Axumites

who were the axumites, where do they trace their seed back to...

who
>in turn stem from the
>land of Saba (Sheba).
>There was no "Queen Sheba"
>only "Queen OF Sheba."

yes this is true, yet that is her common name...and as you have proven, it was no need to go into that detail because as you have mentioned it was of Sheba...

now since you bring that up...are you awar of what Sheba or Saba means...are you aware of what kind of language the name is...are you aware that it is a semetic word, more specifically the name of one of Cush's sons...

back to gen 10:9 Cush begot Saba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah and Sabteca...and the Sons of Raamah: Sheba and Dedan....

Again you help me show that as I have said before that land were named after the rulers and as you have stated that the land was also called Sheba...as I have stated that the land where the modern day ethiopians(some of it) was the land of Kush also...it makes perfect sense...

finally we are rounding it off...

The land was called Sheba because it had seven different regions...but whatis important to understand is that the word Sheba and Saba are both hebrew words...

Like you have stated...

>The Kushitic kingdom fell so by
>the time that King Ezana(spelling)
>of Axum moved his people
>more inland (western) to the
>areas that were once apart
>of the Kushitic kingdom around
>316 BCE(? i have to
>go back check this date),

Yes I'm not sure this date is correct, for the Kushites were still inhabiting the land at the time of Alexander teh great...we know this from his texts and accounts of history...I believe isn't that sometime circa 300 bc...so it can't be possible that they were not still in that land...

maybe if we can find the time of King Ezana's rule..and what tribe was he from as well...this would help me locate the time of his rule...

>the Kushitic kingdom was no
>more. According to primary
>sources on the stele of
>Ezana, Ezan stated that only
>nomadic tribes were currently in
>the land whose name he
>called Noba or Nobatai (have
>to check this too).

yes I'm not sure, I've heard his name before, but I doubt that his accounts are in the right time frame...

needless to say by ethiopian/kushite, greek, shumerian, and hebrew records...teh land of Kush and its people were still inhabiting that land way after the birth of King Solomon...which puts them in the late 100's bce...

>"Ethiopia" is just a general name
>that was ascribed to the
>land of Afrika by the
>Greeks and sometimes in the
>Bible it is specifically in
>reference to Kush like the
>passage where Tirhaka (king of
>Kush and KMT during Kushitic
>Dynasty 28?th of KMT) in
>the Bible. Don't know
>the passage off the top
>of my head but I
>can find it for you
>if necessary.

not sure what you mean here, if you mean that ethiopia is kush in the bible, then yes I have stated that...