Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectNo ACTUALLY
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11430&mesg_id=11439
11439, No ACTUALLY
Posted by Solarus, Thu Oct-04-01 04:25 AM
Akwaaba

Modern-day Ethiopians (or more specifically mostly Amharic but not the southern most tribes who are culturally more similar to the tribes of Nuba mountains) are mostly descendants of Axumites who in turn stem from the land of Saba (Sheba). There was no "Queen Sheba" only "Queen OF Sheba." The land of Saba was formally found on the Western Coast of the so-called Arabian pennisula. They lived on both the Afrikan and "Arabian" coasts as the water between the two is miniscule.

The Kushitic kingdom fell so by the time that King Ezana(spelling) of Axum moved his people more inland (western) to the areas that were once apart of the Kushitic kingdom around 316 BCE(? i have to go back check this date), the Kushitic kingdom was no more. According to primary sources on the stele of Ezana, Ezan stated that only nomadic tribes were currently in the land whose name he called Noba or Nobatai (have to check this too).

"Ethiopia" is just a general name that was ascribed to the land of Afrika by the Greeks and sometimes in the Bible it is specifically in reference to Kush like the passage where Tirhaka (king of Kush and KMT during Kushitic Dynasty 28?th of KMT) in the Bible. Don't know the passage off the top of my head but I can find it for you if necessary.

SE wo werE fi na wosankofa a yenkyi.

PEace
solarICE

Still representin' the RED, BLACK & GREEN since 1978!
EFF RED, WHITE, & BLUE*!

Ain't a damn thing changed...

*That includes the Panamanian "dummy government setup by you know who" flag.

***Something to think about***

"if the god of these religions (judaism/christianity/islam) is not above using terrorist tactics to make people believe in Him (and what's the big deal if people do Not believe in Him? God is a egomaniac) then why wouldnt the hardcore followers of these faiths have a tendency to terrorism as well?"- yuckwheat

And one more thing:
I AM NOT UTAMAROHO AND HIS VIEWS DON'T NECESSARILY REFLECT MINE!!!