Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Update
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11306&mesg_id=11333
11333, RE: Update
Posted by Nettrice, Sat Oct-06-01 11:27 AM
Hey, this is just what I am exploring (with UMass). I hope that others will find links and resources and maybe even get some other folks interested (thanks Federisco and poetx). Really, I thank everyone who contributed so far. :7

The prometheus idea was for online learning but a web site may be in order to tell folks more about the project. This will go as far as folks are willing to take it. I am interested in building communities, online and otherwise, using arts education, activism, youth development, and other things along those lines. I am excited to see where other folks take it.

When I meet with folks at UMass I want to see how their College and Public Service programs, i.e. Media and Community Building could tie in with this project.

In addition, I am about to launch a nonprofit with a few others (DigitalArt Communities, Inc.) that already has DigitalArt Youth Program with local sites across the U.S.

My interest in this new project is to see how the Internet and electronic media can be used for activism across the globe. Seeing all these local/global programs connect with a purpose would be great! It's okay if it's organic in the formation.

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own"
--Paulo Coelho, "The Alchemist"

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix" (and a Buddhist philosophy)

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"