Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Why not???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11275&mesg_id=11299
11299, RE: Why not???
Posted by abduhu, Tue Oct-09-01 06:33 AM
>Being Muslim is not something to
>you given by birthright, it
>is not something given to
>you by the language you
>speak or by how many
>times you attend a mosque
>or make ramadan or what
>have you...

im sorry, but this is wrong. a person can be a muslim by birth and only going to the mosque 1 time a day. and if the language had anything to do with it, everybody and they moms would be muslim. i dont know how many times ive heard muslims say "as salaamu alaikum". right?

>It doesn't make sense....why are you
>trying to excuse away this
>mans continued sins which he
>confesses to and say that
>this man is a muslim...

where have i tried to excuse him? i condemned the attacks several times. and for some of the things he has called for, i denouced that too. but he has confessed to nothing, except as i said already, the somali incident. thats it.

>
>He has confessed to killing people,
>to killing people in teh
>name of the Divine Mother
>Father GOD and will continue
>to do so...if that is
>not an act that a
>Muslim does, if that is
>not and ACT that a
>Muslim is supposed to do,
>then why is he doing
>it?

so if you, a jew, eat some pig today, will you be a jew tomorrow? yes you will.

likewise if usama, a muslim, commits a sin today, he'll be a muslim tomorrow.

>It is just that simple...yes he
>may have been sent by
>the Divine to complete these
>acts, and indeed he was,
>but to now bring up
>argument to his defense as
>a muslim is a joke...
>
obviously you missed the other convos, where ppl were saying that b/c of what they believe he did, that he wasnt a muslim. not me. it was a rhetorical question.

i dont know about your belief, but in mine, there are rules that determine whether a muslim is not a muslim. and the criterior for that has not been broken.

>My husband a muslim man broke
>it down to me like
>this...there are two angels one
>on each shoulder, one for
>you counts all your good
>deeds and one for you
>counts all your bad deeds...
>
>
>if you die and your bad
>deeds outwiegh your good, there
>will be no rest for
>your soul, if you pass
>and your good outweigh your
>bad then you join the
>ALL...

whats this got to do with being a muslim now? there will be muslims in hell too. he might be one of them, i might be one of them. and i seek refuge from Allah from that, for myself and ALL the muslims.

>Now I ask you instead of
>looking at another look at
>yourself, don't worry abot wether
>bin laden is a muslim,
>you don't know and asking
>tha question is blaspheme because
>you assume to know by
>way of GOD that which
>you do not...

again. im not concerned like that. according to what makes a muslim a muslim, and what makes a muslim not a muslim, he is still a muslim, just with poor judgement in some areas.

>so leave it alone and don't
>cast that judgment, because you
>are not GOD and to
>act as though you are
>is blaspheme, be not righteous
>in thine own eyes...

the judgement is there to be cast. see the end of verse 5.44 below.

Words to ponder over............

5.44. It was We who revealed the Torah (to Moses): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed (as in Islám) to Allah's will, by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear Me, and sell not My signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are unbelievers.

5.81. If only they had believed in Allah, in the Prophet, and in what hath been revealed to him, never would they have taken them for friends and protectors, but most of them are rebellious wrong-doers.

the biography of Prophet Muhammad (saws):
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/

The following is paraphrased from today's (10/08/2001) interview with Rumsfeld via sattelite hookup on CBS news this morning:

Gumbel: Can you assess the damages from last nights bombing raids in Kabul?
Rumsfeld: Its too early for any clear assessment

Gumbel: There are reports from the Taliban that there were collateral damages in the forms of Women, children, and elderly, can you confirm or deny these reports

Rumsfeld: There were no civilian casualties, these were all military targets

Gumbel: I thought you said it was too early for any assessment of the raids

Rumsfeld (now squirming in seat): Uhhhhh...ummmmmm.....welllll...i am 'reasonably' sure what I just said was correct

courtesy of abbstrack

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa atuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).