Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: abduhu...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11275&mesg_id=11285
11285, RE: abduhu...
Posted by abduhu, Mon Oct-08-01 05:47 PM
>how old must somebody be before
>they can become muslim?

old enough to be aware of the decision that he/she is making by choosing islam as a religion and way of life.

are
>the rules that you gave
>me rules that muslims follow,
>or rules that one must
>follow in order to be
>muslim, or both?

both. but in order to be-come a muslim, is the first one, which is a statement of belief. the rest are actions that stem from this belief.

also
>how much money is the
>mandatory charity?

2.5% of (starting at, on upwards) approx. 1000.00 worth of wealth (money, gold, business, produce, livestock) saved up over a year's period of time.

and since
>we're on the topic, i
>dont know what kind of
>muslim you are, but do
>you consider those who follow
>the nation of islam to
>be muslims?

those who follow the nation of islam and BELIEVE that Allah came in the person of a man, DO NOT BELIEVE in life after death, and believe that the white man was created by black sceintists, instead of Allah, I dont consider them to be muslim.

i've heard
>different things from people.

>THanks and ill probably have
>more questions, because they dont
>teach anything about it in
>school and theres only one
>muslim in my grade.
>
>dancnf00l

youre welcome. if you have any more questons, post them, inbox me or email me. i am about to go to bed, so i can be able to get up for the first of the five prayers a day. 6:30 am is right around the corner.

and may Allah guide you and all those who seek His guidance.

peace.

Words to ponder over............

5.44. It was We who revealed the Torah (to Moses): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed (as in Islám) to Allah's will, by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear Me, and sell not My signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are unbelievers.

5.81. If only they had believed in Allah, in the Prophet, and in what hath been revealed to him, never would they have taken them for friends and protectors, but most of them are rebellious wrong-doers.

the biography of Prophet Muhammad (saws):
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/

The following is paraphrased from today's (10/08/2001) interview with Rumsfeld via sattelite hookup on CBS news this morning:

Gumbel: Can you assess the damages from last nights bombing raids in Kabul?
Rumsfeld: Its too early for any clear assessment

Gumbel: There are reports from the Taliban that there were collateral damages in the forms of Women, children, and elderly, can you confirm or deny these reports

Rumsfeld: There were no civilian casualties, these were all military targets

Gumbel: I thought you said it was too early for any assessment of the raids

Rumsfeld (now squirming in seat): Uhhhhh...ummmmmm.....welllll...i am 'reasonably' sure what I just said was correct

courtesy of abbstrack

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa atuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).