Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: it funny
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11218&mesg_id=11260
11260, RE: it funny
Posted by cued, Thu Oct-11-01 07:51 AM
Not funny, typical.

The feminist organizations have been under fire for years... normally by Womanist... who see what, I suspect, people like me would see in Queer organizations. Just because oppressed does not mean not raised in it.

Ugh... this is getting messy. What I mean, is that they are doing the same thing their brothers are doing -- helping the war effort and getting women (the main demographic) interested in the war so that they get all riled up and support it.

So much of what is happening over in here in the name of good journalism is nothing more than simply garnering support -- through whatever needs neccessary.

It is our job to see through this, to question, and to ask each other so we don't become... war-mongering folks of color.

Peace,

Q

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"americans are gross!" -utamaroho

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."

"falling in love with somebody's soul...their essence their personality their walk their talk the way they speak and smile...no matter what the physical outer body is..male or female...is a temptation i hope i am never foolish enough to resist." - Hot Damali