Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Statues and what we know about Afghanistan
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=11218&mesg_id=11247
11247, RE: Statues and what we know about Afghanistan
Posted by cued, Thu Oct-11-01 07:17 AM
Perhaps the problem is that WE ALL NEED TO BE CULTURAL RELEVATIST!

You say it like it's a curse word -- it isn't. Point-blank, people are NOT the same. People have different cultures and traditions. People have different ways of thinking about things. That, to me, is one of the BIGGEST problems with this damn country -- we like to lump everyone and everything together and its fucking stupid and immature -- at best.

Now, you talk about what he says about women and how they have mistreated women. Um... are we any better? And we don't even have an excuse! (not that there ever is one, but I have to take this dude at his word -- it's HIS country and HIS culture, not mine!) Everyday, in America, women are killed. They are killed by men. Domestic violence. Rape. Come on! Are we any better in our treatment of women? Are women held as equals to men? Fuck no. Of course, men like to give good ol' lip-service, but they still treat women like shit.

Don't give me this pseudo-feminism crap. I have been there and let me tell you, if the average American, Black, white, Asian, Native, etc, knew the stats about women in America... maybe they would think that we should bomb ourselves into submission.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"americans are gross!" -utamaroho

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."

"falling in love with somebody's soul...their essence their personality their walk their talk the way they speak and smile...no matter what the physical outer body is..male or female...is a temptation i hope i am never foolish enough to resist." - Hot Damali