Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectFall Equinox Review
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10912&mesg_id=11135
11135, Fall Equinox Review
Posted by Solarus, Mon Sep-24-01 04:00 AM
Akwaaba

As we now enter a new season, a new time, a new cycle, I would like to reflect on a few things that I noticed about my body. The most profound thing that I realized is that nutrients, vitamins, etc. have very little to do with "energy." All of the following simply provide the elements needed for the body to maintain its own functioning order. This in turn allows for YOU (I) to be able to DO. "Energy" seems to be more mental and otherwise than physical.

It's like learning an internal martial arts style. Strengthening and conditioning the body is of primary importance only for one to be able to have an medium for one's internal energy to flow through. If one's instrument is not suitable for energy to flow through then the internal martial arts would be rendered ineffective. In fact this is the major reason why tai chi is considered a "healthful art" vs. "martial art."

At the beginning of my fast (1st 7 days) I was pretty much on point with following my regiment but the last 14 days were all but well. I failed to meet so many of my obligations that it was just pitiful. But of no money most of my fast has been relegated to consuming water, Greens+, spirulina, and various fruit juices, mostly oj but also mango, peach, apple, lemon and grapefruit. I've had very little of any green juices other than some parsley. However I noticed that overall my energy level has been higher as of recent than it was than the first 7 days when I HAD juices. As of recent, whenever I have been unmotivated or tired, it was usually because of a lack of sleep and extremely long days or my emotional state (no money, bills, and 9-11 Aftermath got to me too, DAMN sheep flying flags! especially black sheep like mi madre :-(!)

Oh yeah I also realized why i stopped fasting for significantly long periods in the thick of a school semester.

Remember this formula:
Fasting Student Formula
LATE NIGHTS + PAPERS + READING + WORK + FASTS = NO ENERGY!

I lost 23 lbs which is about 1 lb a day so that is fine. I hope i don't lose much more weight. I need to get back on my exercising that I have somewhat slacked off on. At least I maintained my pushups (somewhat). Well it's have way over. 21 more days to go :-)!

Oh yeah I've come up with a couple of more drinks and also some food ideas that I can't wait to try. I love fasting!

PEace
solarICE

Still representin' the RED, BLACK & GREEN since 1978!
EFF RED, WHITE, & BLUE*!

Ain't a damn thing changed...

*That includes the Panamanian "dummy government setup by you know who" flag.

***Something to think about***

"if the god of these religions (judaism/christianity/islam) is not above using terrorist tactics to make people believe in Him (and what's the big deal if people do Not believe in Him? God is a egomaniac) then why wouldnt the hardcore followers of these faiths have a tendency to terrorism as well?"- yuckwheat

***PEace to those who made the transition...***