Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWhat's up cued?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10909
10909, What's up cued?
Posted by bluetiger, Sat Oct-13-01 07:22 AM
Aside from disagreeing about the definitions of racism presented here (like you & I haven't already gone rounds over that one...hahahahaha), nothing in this post is really worth a response. I watch people argue over the illusion of race while ignoring the real pertinent actions and issues of a government that has no conscience at all (maybe that lack of conscience is its "consciousness"). Race is a smokescreen. The abuse of the power elite however is not a smokescreen (for the record, I'm not a conspiracy theorist and all the illuminati crap has no factual foundation, its just circumstantial conjecture). I think the culture dynamics argued about in this post aren't even the real issue. Essentially we are dealing with how religion and money corrupt our leaders/governments at the expense of the common people. It can happen to any culture (although some cultures have more protection against these things). No armed revolution is going to resolve it. Fighting over color-prejudice isn't going to resolve it. Organizing political and social action within the system may help and may be our only choice. The other choices are suicidal at best, and even they create martyrs and demogogues, and I think we have enough of those. We need to get everyone to understand that the common man has a vested interest (regardless of culture/ethnicity/relgion) in preserving and maintaining freedom. We are selling our freedoms away daily by letting the governments actions go unchallenged. But, as this numbers of responses this post has received attests to fact that we have a long way to go. The common man is still chasing smoke and mirrors.

Thanks for reading. I Love You.

"Color - There are a lot of things that we consider reality but are merely our perceptions of the outside world. Color is the most obvious example. Color doesn't really exist in nature, the colors we see are just our eyes' and mind's way of defining the refracted light from certain objects. How do we even know that what we define as "blue" looks the same to me as it does to you???? Maybe it looks completely different." - JMello

"I'm sick of class struggle. God complexes. Genetic politics. Apathy. Ego. And RACE more than anything else.
The very concept of race is just becoming more and more INSANE to me now." - DarkStar

In Rotation:
Tool - Lateralus
King Crimson - Discipline
KMD - Black Bastards
Bob Marley - Rastaman Vibration
Rush - Chronicles
Slum Village - Fantastic Vol II

↑ yours

"you and whose army?" - thom yorke

¥ not ¿?

™ & © & Æ

*Alter Your Ego*