Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRacism is a symptom...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10890
10890, Racism is a symptom...
Posted by Nettrice, Thu Oct-11-01 07:46 AM
or effect...not the cause. Therefore, anyone can call another a person a racist if they discriminate based on race. From what I've gathered that is not what this post was about. It's about culture & civilization or the vast collective that maintains the current system.

A "white" woman clutching her bag as a reaction is responding to conditioning. This is not where the fear originated. Psychologically, she had to have learned to fear Black men/people or learned that Black meant __________. A Black man who attacks a white man because of race is reacting to his feeling of powerlessness. This is still due to conditioning.

The United States is at the top of what is called "Western" civilization. In order for a civilization to thrive it must maintain systems that keep people linked. Unfortunately, these systems condition folks to react based on race but there's more to it. Many folks' entire consciousness is the system.

While the collective consciousness (West) is slowly dying, the system is very much alive & functioning.

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own"
--Paulo Coelho, "The Alchemist"

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix" (and a Buddhist philosophy)

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"