Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectEuropean elite
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10884
10884, European elite
Posted by Federisco, Thu Oct-11-01 04:06 AM
I just sat here wondering why she could say 'white people'. I think 'white people' is a term used to describe (or at least has a similar image as and is in the same group as) the capitalistic, "civilized" and very often ignorant (unaware) culture of The West, not the race (my disclaimer). 'White people' are usually sitting on top of the cake called earth (in terms of power, which is very important to the 'white culture'), but many of them also know little about the different levels of the cake bellow. The west as it is now is a cooperating brotherhood (and to them they are the elite). When USA was attacked, the leaders of the other countries of the west (the brothers) said "Today we are all americans". But when did the west begin?

(I am very bad with history and important dates which i am supposed to remember! I know more about e.g. norway than bulgaria.. Therefore, this is very much based on grossy assumptions. I should keep my mouth shut since i don't have much facts to base this upon, but i haven't found any answers so I still want to post this. I'm sure this isnt all right, i want you to tech me a lesson wherever i put something wrong)

In the middle ages, the royal families were living well, leaving the others either very poor or hard working (e.g. they had to pay taxes, in the most organized countries). There were cities where they were dying like flies in some periods, and living like rats in other periods. (But you should know that even at the same time, e.g. in the mountainsides of norway, a much more better (not dark "medieval"!) culture was thriving. Much of norway's cultural heritage comes from this, the music and storytelling.. u've prolly heard about Trolls right? You should also know that the un-americanized parts of the culture i come from doesn't apprechiate what happened in the dark ages, and instead focuses on the other, much more positive parts of its history.) At the same time, the royals were responsible for the countries. They decided its directions and controlled their area, and were also the few ones who were living good.

!!
I think it is well known that these were in many cases croocked(sp) personalities. They created very strange trends and cultures, and all of these cultures were different from how the general population was (i think they did it to differentiate themselves from the working class).
!!

Then the working class (the People) started the revolution in France, kicked their cake-eating royals down from the top of the royal cake, and started what seems obvious to me to be the start of the west (and that is the culture that lead to the brotherhood who not long ago said "Today we are all americans").

But.. those who created this western system, the "civilization", were not the general population. After the many revolutions of the People, the population was more in control, but still the system was mostly created and controlled by the elite (they tried as hard as possible to follow their own interests, damn elitists!). A good example to me is England and its history. So to me it is obvious that the beginning of the west (the brotherhood) was created by the elite who, very often, also after the french revolution, represented MORE the culture of the elite than that of the population. And that "elite culture" was based on pushing others down so that they could stay on top themselves (supremacy?).

This system stayed as the standard, and expanded. The population were feeded with it, and followed it (they must have had a hope to be elitists themselves?). And still are (?).

So! Break apart the way i think that this is connected, if you want to. I want to see where i am wrong!
I cant believe that the western world is representing the culture i come from.. And i want to prove that it isnt (because i hope it's not). I want to prove it is based on an elite culture (or crooked minds who want to be an elitist).

And:
If the european culture was created by the elite and is a culture built on oppression and pushing others down, to stay on top --- is it so that many of the african cultures, who doesnt have the same characterisics as The Western World, were NOT created with the elite in mind (was there an elite?) but created from the grassroot and by the people's own characterisics?

Or Asian cultures... or american cultures (before europeans invaded the continent) for that sake