Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: yeah, but dont get it twisted
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10858
10858, RE: yeah, but dont get it twisted
Posted by cued, Thu Oct-11-01 11:09 PM
A whole new can o' worms.

And hey Ape :)

Black Americans have absorbed some of this fear and other harmful things about Euro-American culture just by living in it and being subject to it and forced to tap-dance to it day in and day out. That is why a forum such as this one is KEY for Black people who are trying to discard the film (filth) that covers their natural Black selves in order to get them ready, get them in a position to do the work we need to be doing as designed by our Ancestors. If we cannot start to uncover ourselves, we will never feel satisfied because we will not be doing what we are supposed to be doing.

I think a lot of us get this all mixed up. It causes fear because they don't recognize that there is something very important hidden underneath there. But don't think I am leaving white people out of the equation because I think there is more for them, too, once they can break the hold of ol' man Plato and Christianity and all those other things that keep European/Euro-American culture in a yurugu (here, meaning unfinished or incomplete -- immature) state.

I started elsewhere that European/Euro-American culture/consciousness needs the balancing of cultures/consciousnesses of color in order for it not to continue on its destructive path because, mark my word, it is going to destroy itself... and unfortunately, us with it.

However, how can we provide that balance if we are not in touch with our NTR selves? (as kemetian puts it)

Every Black person who posts in here, pro or con, is in the process of uncovering his/her/it's natural Black self. The self that is connected to the universe, the self that is connected to the Ancestors, the self that remembers how to fly (sloppy _Salt-Eaters_ reference). However, there is something I think you should know about Black Americans, Ape, something that still makes a pretty big marker between what we have and what we have covering it.

This covering makes for what has been referred to as a "double consciousness". I think either Douglas or DuBois came up with the term -- I am merely twisting it to/for my own theoretical devices. What I mean by double consciousness is that we have our Blackness and we have what is covering it and this makes it so that there is always some kind of strange battle going on -- a fight between what we know makes sense and what we are _told_ makes sense.

Another way to look at it would be to take the route through internalized racial oppression and inferiority, which would be my normal route, but we aren't talking, really, about active thought and action, but unconscious thought and action and I think consciousness fits the bill better....

Anyway, I hope this will be picked up because I am only in the process of thinking about double consciousness as I become aware of it within myself. I can tell you, though, it rears its head most around white people that I know are within the matrix and I have to _fight_ my self to allow my Self to surge forward and not fear, but trust it. After all, I have been against the grain, marginalized, outside all my life... exactly WHAT am I afraid of?

Peace,

Quentin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"americans are gross!" -utamaroho

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."

"falling in love with somebody's soul...their essence their personality their walk their talk the way they speak and smile...no matter what the physical outer body is..male or female...is a temptation i hope i am never foolish enough to resist." - Hot Damali