Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: on the whole
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10852
10852, RE: on the whole
Posted by Sunday, Fri Oct-12-01 06:50 AM
you know, if you had just phrased yourself from the beginning with words like "white mass conciousness" or "western mass conciousness" i think ppl would of looked at your points and been more likely to think, "this girl has some interesting things to say." i'm sure you know that tho, and have your reasons. i won't say it hasn't been a good discussion.

about garvey:

"look @ the history of Marcus Garvey's movement and how it "died" and u'll find your answer."

maybe i'm dumb, but i don't see much of an answer. didn't he go bankrupt? the black star line cuz of the recession and shit? and so losing all this money didn't he say some not so smart things to some honkkky white senators? it couldn't be just cuz of money, or could it?

"also i mentioned somewhere in here that anyone brought up in the "white" way who is incapable of seeing that it is just that, "a" way and not _the_ way and not _their_ way will exhibit the same characteristics, HOWEVER it must be realized that this is not necessarily a part of said ppl's collective consciousness."

agreed.

"the best thing u could do IMO is just recognize that the consciousness exists, see what it is and if it truly disturbs u, try and change it in yourself and your progeny. i don't know if it's doable to change the consciousness on a mass level. but u will certainly have more luck than i, the mere mention of "white ppl" out of my mouth makes me racist, u however, ppl might be more willing to listen to u. and encourage white ppl, not to be fearful, if they can remove this fear from themselves, then their dealings w/ others will be a whole lot better."

believe me i know about all the bullshit this mass white conciousness has tried to feed me and i try every single day to contribute to changing the bullshit around me. as far as you mentioning "white people", honey, you can. so you got a little blasted up in here and some ignorant fucks just wrote you off as a racist. but really, tell me when white folks up in here say bad shit about black ppl? they don't, as far as i can tell. most of the whities in here are more into black culture then they are into white cuz they see something in it that their own is severely lacking. maybe i should speak only for myself, i don't know, but that's what i see. i think me and you are probably more like-minded than not. why should we divide along our respective racial lines? i mean, what are doing here but tryin to make one another understand, overstand, so we could come together to change the system and its values? that's where i'm comin from, hope its where you're comin from too.

peace,

sundae