Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: i feel you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10849
10849, RE: i feel you
Posted by kemetian, Thu Oct-11-01 07:16 PM
Yimhotep
do u still want me to respond @ length? i think looking @ what we call white consciousness would be key.

about "death": whites "believe" in heaven and hell but that's it. u live, u die, go to your respective places. u don't take part in the events on earth after u make the transition. u do not guide those here, u are separate and apart from those unborn, those who went b4. and u don't come back. if this were a part of my consciousnes i would be scared to die too, this is it, i only have "one life to live"!

u asked if i'm referring specifically to Kemet b/c u c i'm "into" that. it's into me. i was referring specifically to Africa. all over Africa (u can talk about nations *not tribes* and there will be differences, but there _is_ an African consciousness) this idea persists. Africans in America pour libation (look @ R. Kelly in that video remembering those who had passed) just as our family does thousands of miles away, even tho' we (supposedly) don't know anything about them.

Shemhotep
"Be not arrogant because of your knowledge. Take counsel with the ignorant as well as with the wise. For the limits of knowledge in any field have never been set and no one has ever reached them. Wisdom is rarer than emeralds, and yet it is found among the women who gather at the grindstones."
-The Book of Ptahhotep(excerpt)