Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: individualism..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10847
10847, RE: individualism..
Posted by cued, Thu Oct-11-01 10:10 AM
Too late! You are still part of a culture which is bent on destruction (it's own and others and the world's) so if you were to move to a cave in the northern territories, without cleansing yourself, you would enact that same cultural learning onto that environment.

The thing is, in my opinion, that I think white culture/consciousness would be less geared towards fear if it had the balance of consciousnesses of color. It needs BALANCE!

Check out my sig: I am because we are; we are because I am. This is an African proverb, but locked within it is the key. There is no me without we (where I am both separate and a part); there is no we if I cannot realize that I am me. The two are locked together in some serious beauty. It _is_ human to want to belong to something greater than the self. However, white culture/consciousness has this silly idea that everyone can be him/her/itself -- which is wrong and a lie and keeps white people who are struggling to be conscious of their culture and to seek the balance of cultures/consciousness of color asleep. In order for white people to be _effective_ they have to understand what their culture is. However, they are in a culture which does not want its participants to realize that it has a culture. And so what does all of this mean? It means that listening to what people of color have to say about white culture/consciousness becomes paramount since we are always looking at it, living in it, yet apart from it since we are others -- especially those like myself and others who have no wish to be a part of it.

We can help you see the illusion of individuality because there is no such thing. White people have a culture, a consciousness. And that consciousness is not just free-wheeling, it is based on something.

And if you think of all the many illusions it has spun off... it seems, to me, and others, I bet, that it seems to be hiding a need to feel secure, NOT afraid. Which means that the illusions are simply hiding the fear inherent to the culture/consciousness.

Do you feel me?

Peace,

Q

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"americans are gross!" -utamaroho

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."

"falling in love with somebody's soul...their essence their personality their walk their talk the way they speak and smile...no matter what the physical outer body is..male or female...is a temptation i hope i am never foolish enough to resist." - Hot Damali