Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject4 The Record
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10831
10831, 4 The Record
Posted by kemetian, Wed Oct-10-01 11:09 AM
Yimhotep

everybody is not the same. white ppl and black ppl r not the same. there is white collectve consciousness and black collective consciousness. we both act based our respective heritages.

Understand this, and i know y ppl would have such a knee-jerk reaction and call me racist, just b/c ppl r different, doesn't mean that one is superior to the other. it just means they r different.

there is a difference in the way we think and the way we view the world. can i at least get an agreement on that? do ppl agree that the way white ppl c the world (as a collective) and the way non-white ppl c the world is different? if u don't know anything about other cultures i don't suppose u can comment on it. but u know, there is plenty written on it, and i don't mean by just "racists" like myself, good old-fashioned scientists, they've done studies and stuff, really.

for ppl who r used to the "white" way of ingesting information my post makes no sense. "if kemetian meant white consciousness why didn't she say that?" b/c kemetian IN ERROR assumed that ppl would be able to c the unity in the egs, and draw up from them the bigger picture. but white ppl (as a collective) do not ingest that way. (see, Afro-American Cognitive Style, B.J. Shade, and Cognitive Styles and Multicultural Populations, James Anderson)

from the latter: "...The variant systems (of cognition between blacks and whites) are simply extensions of each group's respective African and European heritage). Each culture has evolved around some world view w/in a philosophical system and it is this view that permeates the basic threads of cultural development."

perhaps kemetian should have started with the abstract idea, then given egs.

the egs that i gave speak to something larger.

every culture does not avoid old age.
and one thing we shoud be clear of by now, every culture does not fear death as a part of the culture.

pyramids being built b/c of fear of death? WTH?!!!!

every culture does not encourage a fear/distrust of others.

there are ppl who instead of waging war against nature live in harmony w/ it.

and since this fear is what was used to build up the civilization, does it not make sense that this fear will undo it? kind of like the idea that what is a poison can be used as a vaccine (only reversed)

is this what ppl have a problem w/ the undoing of the dominance white consciousness?

Shemhotep
"Be not arrogant because of your knowledge. Take counsel with the ignorant as well as with the wise. For the limits of knowledge in any field have never been set and no one has ever reached them. Wisdom is rarer than emeralds, and yet it is found among the women who gather at the grindstones."
-The Book of Ptahhotep(excerpt)