Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I just wish
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10827
10827, RE: I just wish
Posted by guest, Wed Oct-10-01 11:01 AM
I was talking with my queen and expressed opinions similar to Kems. on the general atmosphere of fear pervading the media and many white Americans (sorry for the generalization). Maybe growing up poor, and a black male in one of the worst areas of Philadelphia has desensitized me to all this shit going on. It's like due to the circumstances I was born into and still live in I stare death in the face DAILY!! By now, me and that Mofucka are good friends. I saw that cruises to the Caribbean were as low as $89 for 4days and 3nights causes of all the stuff going on. I told my queen and we were both like "Bet!!!" I'd much rather die having the time of my life than going to slave away building some corporate kingdom. I guess the point is that Fear and the fear of death in particular are outgrowths of your experience and the amount of spiritual growth you gain from them. If you face death daily and see death often you realize it's all a part of a cycle like birth and life and you don't fear it you embrace it. But, "Western Man" has always had problems embracing his connectedness to all life and the Universal Cycle we are all apart of.