Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Have You Ever...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10808
10808, RE: Have You Ever...
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Wed Oct-10-01 04:30 PM
>1) seen a museum exhibit of
>“classic” European body armor?
>The shit is heavy as
>hell and you really have
>to wonder why a person
>would wear it in battle
>(fear of death...finding no honor
>in death)

And have you ever heard of how the ancient Celts used to go into battle buck naked, covered only in blue paint,
to show their enemies that they had no fear of them or of death? Besides, Samurais wore body armor (not all heavy
and unwieldly like mideival Knights, but still), and you know those mofos weren't afraid of death.

>2) wondered why the (white) scientific
>community is so obsessed with
>cloning and other “weird science”?
>(fear of death...in search of
>a non-existent physical immortality)

First of all, only a handful of kooks are out there trying to achieve physical immortality through cloning. The
reputable "white" scientific community you're talking about is doing research on cloning and other "weird science"
type ish so they can use that knowledge to cure diseases, repair damaged organs, etc. It's not so much about a fear
of death as it is about improving the quality of life. Not everything scientists do is related to some diabolical scheme
(but I suppose you ascribe to the whole Dr. Yacub / mad-scientist-created-the-white-devil thing, and think that this is
somehow related). Besides, the Japanese are also heavily into cloning research and other "weird science", and you know
they ain't afraid of death (see response to #1)

>3) wondered why the U.S. (NASA)
>and other European gov’ts are
>trying to colonize Mars? (fear
>of death...they realize their rape
>of the planet combined with
>natural phenomena gives the Earth
>an unknown expiration date)

The reason is to boldly go where no man has gone before!... Seriously though, there are both practical and more ethereal
reasons to colonize Mars and space in general. In practical terms, the Earth will one day become uninhabitable regardless
of what damage we have done or will do to the planet. Unless the human race want to go the way of the dinosaurs and become
extinct, we have to colonize space, and Mars is the first step towards that end. It's not about fear of death, it's about
survival of the species. As for the ethereal reasons, consider the following words about the exploration of space:

"The urge to explore, the quest of the part for the whole, has been the primary force in evolution since the first water
creatures began to reconnoiter the land... Living systems cannot remain static; they evolve or decline. They explore or
expire. The inner experience of this imperative is curiosity and awe. The sense of wonder- the need to find our place in
the whole- is not only the genesis of personal growth but the very mechanism of evolution, driving us to become more than
we are." - Wyn Wachhorst

You've got it all wrong. It's not about fear at all. It's about conquering fear and reaching out into the great unknown,
and growing and improving in the process. If you don't get that, then I don't know how to explain it any better. I'd just
have to say that you lack vision and imagination and move on.

>4) thought about the fact that
>gun powder had been around
>for more than 500 years
>in China and East Asia
>before Europeans traded and learned
>to use it as a
>weapon of destruction-- cannons, high-charged
>explosives, and guns? (fear
>of death...the need to minimize
>any chance of being killed
>or greaten the chances of
>conquering)

That isn't a fear of death, it's a smart military strategy.

>5) noticed how the 3 (white)
>major world religions all extol
>a “healthy” fear in the
>Universal Creator?

I don't know about Islam being a "white" religion, but as for the other two, yeah, I'll give you that one.

>6) thought about the (white) minds
>that could produce things that
>could kill hundreds, thousands, or
>even millions of people at
>once such as tanks, nuclear
>bombs, and stealth bombers?

OK, white minds created weapons of mass destruction. And that translates into fear how...?

40th Street Black knocks 'em out...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I thought I was hip until George and Weezie showed me that I was a just a square white peg in a round black world"
- Marcy D'Arcy

"Yeah man, I tell ya what, man. That dang ol' Internet, man. You just go on there and point and click. Talk about W-W-dot-W-com.
An' lotsa nekkid chicks on there, man. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. It's real easy, man." - Boomhauer