Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectDoth mine eyes...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10803
10803, Doth mine eyes...
Posted by kemetian, Thu Oct-11-01 06:47 AM
Yimhotep

...deceive me?

is that a light @ the end of the tunnel? Does someone understand that a lot of the *ahem* generalizations ppl r making about "everybody has the same fears, desires" "everybody fears death, growing old" "everybody has the need to control" are just descriptions of members of one culture (or stick whatever word in u think kemetian should have used)? that this fear is not necessarily a part of everyone's culture? that indeed many ppl are defining "everyone" by the only culture they know - white?
if this is the only that is got out of all of this the Canadians gving each other high fives (y'all, just in y'all own world - it's all good) won't be the only happy campers.

>But let me be abit utamaroho-ian
>for a sec!!
>
>You apply your western knowledge and
>way of looking at the
>world, to ancient cultures and
>religions that does not originate
>from the western world!
>
>And that alone makes me sceptical
>to what you say. Western
>culture IS different from other
>cultures.. down from the roots
>(the fundations) and all the
>way up to the very
>leaf of the tree called
>western culture!
>
>(and.. Asian, african, ancient american, culture
>is also different from western
>in a similar way)

Shemhotep
"Be not arrogant because of your knowledge. Take counsel with the ignorant as well as with the wise. For the limits of knowledge in any field have never been set and no one has ever reached them. Wisdom is rarer than emeralds, and yet it is found among the women who gather at the grindstones."
-The Book of Ptahhotep(excerpt)