Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectA Dying Consciousness
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10771
10771, A Dying Consciousness
Posted by Nettrice, Wed Oct-10-01 03:51 AM
Okay. Take away "white" and "culture" for one second. What is this great power that has influence on so many people, making one side good/worthy and the other bad/unworthy? What is it? What would people call it?

I call it collective consciousness/awareness and I define this as a larger consciousness or "macroconsciousness" that has the same values and fears and guilts (nationalism, patriotism, captalism, etc.). If we look at the leaders, the folks in major positions of influence on the planet we can see how the form of power they have created (based on fear) is no longer effective. Black folks are not in these positions. Women are not, either. Who are these people and how did this come to be?

People fail to understand this and cling to "a dying consciousness that has existed within the collective consciousness of each of our nations"...some call it Western civilization. People choose to represent a larger system that is disintegrating, so their own system is disintegrating...their governments are corrupt and they are walking on a shifting pattern of fear. They exhibit paranoia (negative energy) and attract others that have a "paranoaic desire to destroy life, as if the destruction of life will save our planet, but it will not."

"The difference between a great soul that aligns itself with openness and growth and interdependence, that transcends its fear on behalf of itself and its collective, and one that does not is that the soul that chooses openness has a different active level of courage and insight and wisdom, and the one that does not has consistently weakened under the impact of the fear of the collective." -from "Seat of the Soul"

Here, I am not talking about white or culture but often these words are representative of the collective consciousness that is in chaos and losing power, slowly by the day. There are people who fear change, who fear anything that goes against the status quo and these people react with hate and anger, causing lots of suffering. People have to take on the task of change and transcend fear (reject the system), act out of courage...even if it means going against everything they have been conditioned to be/become.

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own"
--Paulo Coelho, "The Alchemist"

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix" (and a Buddhist philosophy)

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"