Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: White Ppl & Fear
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10727
10727, RE: White Ppl & Fear
Posted by kemetian, Wed Oct-10-01 06:35 AM
>>they fear their children - they
>>stigmatize teenagers and portray them
>>as ppl to be feared
>I dont, my parents dont
>
>
>>they fear each other (seen Lifetime
>>lately?)
>Garbage, people fear harm, its an
>instinct that keeps us alive

when u talk about "people" who are u talking about? when u talk about "us" who r u talking about?

>>they fear nature - look @
>>all the movies on volcanoes,
>>hurricanes and natural "distasters"
>O ris it people like special
>effects? you wouldnt blink if
>a volcano blew up next
>to your house i suppose?

i am talking bout the view of "mother nature" as something to be feared, watch the discovery channel listen to the titles, what's a raging sea to u is a message being sent to another ppl. "flooding" of the nile wasn't a problem for the ppl native to the land.

>>fear of the unknown - movies
>>on "scary aliens"
>once again its fantasy i dont
>know anyone who goes to
>sci fi movies and gets
>scared

it's the view that i am talking about, the mere fact that the intention is to make u scared, so that if an alien were to appear to u, based on what u've seen what would be your reaction?

>>they fear growing old
>of course all people do, no
>one wants to be closer
>to death

again, when u talk about "no one" who r u talking about, i know plenty of peoples (not ppl) who don't fear/run away from age, it's a good thing.

>>the fear other ppl - see
>>women clutch their purses @
>>the sight of a black
>>man
>I dont
>
>>they fear the spirit world -
>>ghosts (w/ the exception of
>>casper) r usually a bad
>>thing
>Not many people even believe in
>that
>

again who are the "many people" u r referring to? believe in what, the spirit world or believe that it is something to be feared?

Shemhotep
"Be not arrogant because of your knowledge. Take counsel with the ignorant as well as with the wise. For the limits of knowledge in any field have never been set and no one has ever reached them. Wisdom is rarer than emeralds, and yet it is found among the women who gather at the grindstones."
-The Book of Ptahhotep(excerpt)