Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject*growls*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10719
10719, *growls*
Posted by cued, Tue Oct-09-01 07:19 PM
kemetian, I hear you.

Check out "Statues and what we really know about Afghanistan"

I see into what you are saying instead of meeting it on some stupid slick surface.

However, I have been thinking a lot about Ani and how this (meaning all this shit) fits into the European asili, utamawazo, and utamaroho. It fits TOOO perfectly.

And this fear you are talking about is well-suited -- ignore those silly people talking about racism... what you have put your finger on is a pulse.

To be white is to be in constant fear. The only time, I think, they are not in fear is when they have created an illusion that they are in control and that other (both "other" and other) think and behave the same way as they do.

Really, I feel sorry for them. I really do.

But it is the truth. If you listen to the news, you can hear the manifestation of this fear in the rhetoric they use... in who they are painting as enemy, in where they think future attacks might occur and why... *shakes head* Sometimes, I look at all of this and think it is a bad soap opera. Too predictable and hackneyed. The only thing is... the people aren't pretty enough to look at for an hour... and what they are doing... is awful... and destructive... and the perfume in the air... is fear.

Peace,

Q

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"americans are gross!" -utamaroho

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."

"falling in love with somebody's soul...their essence their personality their walk their talk the way they speak and smile...no matter what the physical outer body is..male or female...is a temptation i hope i am never foolish enough to resist." - Hot Damali