Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: people of color being racist
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10664
10664, RE: people of color being racist
Posted by cued, Fri Oct-12-01 01:42 PM
I hear you.

But I have to wonder... isn't the power they assumed illusionary power? The abuse they have learned and internalized? Of course, I ain't gone think of it like that, but after I curse 'em out and get on with my bad self, I might think about it with a calmer mind and realize that they are acting out what the oppressor has acted out against them.

There are Black people who do this same thing against other Black people, for that matter. I don't think of it as racism as much as being lost and acting out of something that doesn't belong to them.

Know what I mean?

Get back to me, please.

Peace,

Q

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"americans are gross!" -utamaroho

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."

"falling in love with somebody's soul...their essence their personality their walk their talk the way they speak and smile...no matter what the physical outer body is..male or female...is a temptation i hope i am never foolish enough to resist." - Hot Damali