Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: FYI
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10658
10658, RE: FYI
Posted by cued, Thu Oct-11-01 09:50 AM
Are you white?

Because I think you are white. You sound white. And even, that was a very white response.

What I mean is this, you don't have to think about the power piece because it is part of your privilege as a white person. You don't have to think, see, hear, or feel anything YOU don't want to. It isn't going to change or shift your life in any way, sense, form, or idea.

Being white means that you want us (read: people of color) to see you as being an individual. But if you are so individual, why do you have this privilege? And why is this privilege spread to other people who look like you (or who became white) collectively?

*leans head to the side*

Q

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"americans are gross!" -utamaroho

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."

"falling in love with somebody's soul...their essence their personality their walk their talk the way they speak and smile...no matter what the physical outer body is..male or female...is a temptation i hope i am never foolish enough to resist." - Hot Damali