Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: FYI
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10634&mesg_id=10656
10656, RE: FYI
Posted by kemetian, Thu Oct-11-01 06:11 AM
Yimhotep
>>Now, your friends said this because
>>in America, there is this
>>casual lumping together of terms
>>where racism, prejudice and bigotry
>>all mean the same thing.
>>However, they are not the
>>same thing.
>So hatred of a person
>b/c of their skin color
>is not racist? We
>just have different definitions of
>racism, to me racism
>is hatred towards any other
>race of people other than
>your own. Or thinking
>ones race is supieror to
>any other race.
>
>I dont care, dominant culture, not
>dominant culture, hatred is hatred.
> racism is racism.
>There is no excusing it.
>

i don't think Baba Djehuti Q. was excusing anything, he simply defined racisim for u, w/o power it is prejudice. u might think no one has the right to hate someone else, that's your opinion, personally i think i have every right to hate someone ho has his/her foot in my neck. i think oppressed ppl have a reason to hate their oppressor, i think enslaved africans had a reason to hate their "massa." i think hatred in that sense is excusable. u do not, that is fine. this, however is not the issue, racism and prejudice r not the same. ppl of color lack the power to be racist. Perhaps someone should start a post called "What is Racism?" and we can archive and refer to it, every time this comes up.

Shemhotep
"Be not arrogant because of your knowledge. Take counsel with the ignorant as well as with the wise. For the limits of knowledge in any field have never been set and no one has ever reached them. Wisdom is rarer than emeralds, and yet it is found among the women who gather at the grindstones."
-The Book of Ptahhotep(excerpt)