Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectExpand
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10622
10622, Expand
Posted by Nettrice, Thu Oct-18-01 06:21 PM
>no "justification" required. it's never been
>about justice.

No justice, no peace...or does anyone think that it will all boil over after a few hundred years? Does anyone really think the system will stand indefinitely?

>it's about different worlds, self-interests, cultures
>colliding.

It about domination and destruction, pure and simple.

>now git with your bleeding heart
>illogical nonsense.

It's only illogical to people who refuse to see the larger picture...beyond the current and dying collective consciousness...wait...what larger picture? The seeds of guilt were planted so long ago that people think it's righteousness. This is insanity. The system depends on force to maintain itself, maintain appearances and it's like trying to build a house by starting with the painting the walls. There is no foundation and eventually the walls will crumble.

Rather than have a bleeding heart I have an understanding of cause and effect. People who blindly support or maintain the system concentrate on externals at the expense of their inner integrity. Make no mistake that it's a personal choice but don't tell me that suffering and transcending suffering is illogical nonsense. That, too, is insanity.

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own"
--Paulo Coelho, "The Alchemist"

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix" (and a Buddhist philosophy)

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"