Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHey! Slavery
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10615
10615, Hey! Slavery
Posted by cued, Sun Oct-14-01 08:55 AM
I think kemetian touched on this... and I know Solarus and I ponder it a while back but to no avail, but slavery is a loaded word.

All systems that dealt in slavery were not the same. They were not all "chattel" slavery. As Americans, slavery is a word with strict connotations. It doesn't mean we are afraid to look at that because it has been looked at. People, including myself, have researched it, found out, what this meant, largely because of white folks like you who believe, erroneously, that all systems are the same and that what is here is there.

I dunno, all this universalism. Honestly, we should look at this post because this is, to a large extent, what we are up against -- fighting against this.

But then again... nevermind.

Just... you need to find out more about those systems of slavery beside they had something that is called slavery. There is no need to be ignorant.

Peace,

Q

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"americans are gross!" -utamaroho

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."

"falling in love with somebody's soul...their essence their personality their walk their talk the way they speak and smile...no matter what the physical outer body is..male or female...is a temptation i hope i am never foolish enough to resist." - Hot Damali