Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectNo D best do not misunderstand
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10609
10609, No D best do not misunderstand
Posted by jefleejohnson, Tue Oct-16-01 01:44 PM
...and stop trying to play the voice of reason. drop the self-righteousness, more informed than thou etc. etc. bullshit. it serves you no purpose.

Im not playing the voice of reason Im telling people to give me a break about the Europe speech. Its done to death. People are stereotyping a place you never lived in at those times. Why should we even put up with a belief that people know what an entire land mass believed? Thats some history text bullshit right there for the soapboxers right there As for the more informed than thou No I am just saying what people continuously overlook.

YOUR QUOTE

"LOOK Europe had multitude of different ideals so stop fucking saying it was just "this way" because thats total bullshit and that is unfair to the people who had their own " peaceful beliefs" by grouping them together. It casts them in a bad light when their belief system was different and they did nothing to Africans."

There is a difference between the sum of all people in Europe, and the ruling class in Europe. Even Columbus was protested throughout Spain, but THE RULING CLASS at large was down.

The Ruling Class was down but how do you know who was against it? I never hear that I just think it was all rigged for an agenda of politics. In fact I believe many people were too absorbed in surviving on their land then worrying if "ABUCAH" was going to help them with their crops and settlements.

Don't try to compare Europe to Southern Africa, Western Africa, Saharan Africa, or Indian Ocean Africa, or to the cultures in the North American Continent, Far Far North American region, or the equatorial Americas.

Although many adjacent groups share things in common, most of northern and western Europe, and the exploited African coasts had very distinct cultural archetypes, as were they both distinct from the Americas, or even far east asia.

The foul of different cultures, and the good of different cultures do not exist on the same plane.

Have you ever studied African history? You come off as if you have not, though I do know several African scholars who down the "africa utopia" shit.

I dont need to study African History to understand territorial/predatorial/aggressive/mean spirited/evil tactics for power. THAT much is clear that was the European Idealists downfall. European Idealists engaged in that but in the same way Radical islams dont represent Islamic faiths then European Idealists dont represent the views of vast european faiths and cultures. This is a major misconception and maybe someday people will get the truth that alot of people did not even know what was going on in the world.
There was alot of Nomads in North America and Europe. The applachian the ozark region ... Maine... Arizona and so forth.

Alot of them got along with the Native americans thats another misconception greatly exagerrated by propaganda masters.

Most cultures were more localized, some were feudal, many were aristocracies, some misogenistic, some feministic, many agricultural, some pastoral, etc. etc. etc.

Europe (at large) did crush many African systems of governance and belief. Europe (at large) did take over most of the continent. Europe (at large) destroyed a great deal of Christian sects during their ventures into Africa. Europe (at large) did destabilize the previously existing state of order (which you clearly don't understand to have been a DIFFERENT type of order) by interjecting guns. Europe (at large, Portugal in particular) did bombard by sea, and destroy the bulk of historically wealthy, strong or otherwise important settlements across the southern cape, and eastern cost. Indians, Arabs, and Chinese settled the eastern coast long before, sure, but they integrated, not devastated.

No it didnt. At large dont act like you know. THATS part of the problem. Some idealists did but to represent a whole continent is ludicrous. And it wasnt at large when you judge the population of a place that really couldnt be estimated back then properly. Those were IDEALISTS not Europe. They were millions/billions ofpeople who had no say in this remember that. REMEMBER ...they were living their life. They didnt have "CNN" They lived in the mountains in the forest. They were scattered everywhere. Alot didnt read alot spoke in different dialects. As I said trying to "survive" like anyone does. Thats how "Militias" thought. They didnt speak for the commoners though and they made this world spin around.

It wasnt all "this is how it is" bullshit. Too generalized

People need to recognize these people did not know the majority of what was happening at the time. You can basically sum that up by seeing how spread out everybody was and the settlers where they settled and how they had their own "tribes" so to speak.

There was no newspaper in the Ozark mountains to demonstrate a point.

They had their own way of life. Their own ideals and their own faiths in religion.

Even if there was in those locales they spoke in dialects.

Europeans had slaves (oh shit) Africans had slaves (oh shit) much of the WORLD had slaves once feudalistic, aristocratic, and other "might makes right" social structures developed.

That doesn't make you smart.

And it doesnt make you smart to tell me what structures involved slavery and that by your view it has no basis. I am saying all parties are guilty. And clearly they are.

That doesn't give you grounds to argue with cats.

It gives me grounds to say what I want to say because I am my own person.

The truth is that these "African" bad things you elude to DID NOT DEVASTATE THE WORLD. European invaders did. AND YOU CAN NOT SAY THAT IT WOULD'VE HAPPENED IF AFRICANS GOT TO IT FIRST, BECAUSE NOT ONLY DOES NO EVIDENCE SUGGEST THAT, BUT YOU CAN'T FUCKING SPECULATE THAT SHIT.

Europe did not devastate countries. THAT is what I believe to be the truth European Idealists hurt their way of life and devastated cultures. Those Idealists should be held accounted for but the people who lived in their own isolated life do not deserve to be grouped together. The truth is we have no idea how many corrupt things Africa was involved in. But I gurantee you just like the native americans they had maligned vicious tribes that were looong lost because of their obscure locality. If people keep tainting heritages of people who have nothing to do with it "Grouping" them European when they were their own heritage. We just got lazy and put them alltogether. And it wasnt the "MASSES" of Europe. How do you know this? There isnt no "We want Kuntas enslaved and their continents pillaged" petition. It didnt exist and if it did the "Idealists" would have burned it.

The point is simple. "what ifs" mean shit. "What DIDs" mean the world.

What did happen is European Idealists not the majority of Europeans but people who had "POWER" and "PLANS" but the reality is most europeans were absorbed in providing for their family fighting off famine fighting off diseases fighting depression fighting for their place in the world. They couldnt be wrapped up in "Domination of races" CMON now...

AND by no means did most of these people say "YEA you know what lets go destroy countries" I have never seen that in any books. I see alot "blacked out areas"

No I dont think they thought that way and it would be naive for anybody to do so. And once again the odds are in my favor judging the way European descendants (pick a region) populated themselves in North America and Europe.

As I said there is more to the story then all of Europeans just raised their hands and said How many want to get Kunta and make him work for you? And all of them said :I

What it came down to was Miscommunication.

They werent ignorant they just had a different way of thinking and living. and as I said to group the masses its a Terrible thing. Many are not spoken for and its a complete typical thing for somebody to generalize settlers like that.

Terrence Trent Darby-WildCard Oct 2001

Jef L. Johnson-Hype Factory(2cd new solo!)Oct.

Jef Johnson/SonnyT/MichaelB-October 2001

Tomahawk:
Mike Keneally-Wooden Smoke Oct 2001

Wooten/Chambers-Just add Water Oct 23 2001

Ghostface Killah-Nov 2001

Foley-Time:Clock of Da Universe (it comes out when it drops gonna stay in my sig til now. just check http://www.smartalecmusic.com for now.
One of the best original designed sites out. He is the CEO you know of Smart Alec Music. Bugs Bunny is the Vice Prez and Marvin The martian is in charge of A&R while Yosemite Sam handles the southwest division of Smart Alec. Daffy Duck and Foghorn Leghorn are leaders of the street team. Its a family thang.

Tonex-Oxygen (early 2002! yea I know September has been moved doh

a comment from RhemaK a artist who works with Tonex about Oxygen: I have heard five songs from Tonex's 'Oxygen'album that is going to be coming out next year. The lyrics and that beats are going to take you over the edge and out of your car seat. That is what it did to me. The proof is in the pudding. You will see 2002. 'Oxygen is no joke' "

as usual all hip hop albums subject to change.