Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Quitter :)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10574
10574, RE: Quitter :)
Posted by eric_l21, Wed Oct-17-01 09:44 AM
Well, I don't really see any of this as a hostile thing, much more of a discussion, and it is an interesting one.
I'm a little confused by this though: "it is YOU that needs to change HIS mind. Learn how to listen and not debate, how to dialogue and not attempt to bash people over the head with I am RIGHT and YOU ARE WRONG and YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE and I AM RIGHT BECAUSE. Much better to explain yourself. Much better to share. "
Have you not read any of the previous posts??? I don't feel I have bashed anyone over the head, if I have, I do apologize. I do realize my perception of the way the world is are much different than yours or any people of color. I'm just trying to understand why grouping all white people into a group and saying that their whole collective conscious is based on fear, or they all feel guilty because of slavery seems like a good idea to anyone. I do agree that this is predominately the case (two posts in question) with upper class persons who are predominately white, but I don't feel it is a general thing. I don't feel "nekkid, discriminated against, etc", and as far as only listening, then I would suppose I might as well just stay off these boards. Likewise though, if you don't want your views questioned/discussed, you shouldn't put it out there. Mainly, I just don't understand how "for black ppl to take care and do better for themselves first (Speak, Do, Think Maat)" has anything to do with these posts. I do understand what you are saying about "demystify white people and white power... look into it, probe it, understand it, and transcend it." as this would be important. But to assume all white people are in a position of power is erroneous. Just as it would be to assume that all black people are in a postion of poverty.