Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Quitter :)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10573
10573, RE: Quitter :)
Posted by cued, Wed Oct-17-01 07:26 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAH

Actually it does.

As people who are oppressed by a system with people in it, it is important for people of color to 1) demystify white people and white power... look into it, probe it, understand it, and transcend it.

Sorry if it hurts your feelings.
But you know, you are hurt by being white
just we much as we are hurt by being non-white in this system.
The difference is that you are unwilling
to face how you are hurt by the system in lieu of
accepting your unearned privileges.
And We, well, we ain't got time to waste.

Sorry if you feel nekkid, discriminated against, etc. However, it is YOU that needs to change HIS mind. Learn how to listen and not debate, how to dialogue and not attempt to bash people over the head with I am RIGHT and YOU ARE WRONG and YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE and I AM RIGHT BECAUSE. Much better to explain yourself. Much better to share.

*steps back*

But that is up to you.

Peace,

Q

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"americans are gross!" -utamaroho

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."

"falling in love with somebody's soul...their essence their personality their walk their talk the way they speak and smile...no matter what the physical outer body is..male or female...is a temptation i hope i am never foolish enough to resist." - Hot Damali