Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectQuitter :)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10571
10571, Quitter :)
Posted by kemetian, Tue Oct-16-01 05:24 AM
Yimhotep:

we don't have to see eye-to-eye on it. that's ok. i don't have to agree w/ u, u don't have to agree w/ me. we both got our points out there. how do u interpret my wanting to take care of my Self (being my ppl since i am b/c We are) first as being a separationist?

i said i have to take it one step at a time.

u know the saying if u don't love yourself u can't love anyone else? my primary concern can't be world unity when there is no unity in my own community. what kind of sense is that?
i mean where i come from charity begins at home. it starts from the inner to the outer, bettering one's self so one can be in the position to better one's family, then one's community and so on. i don't see that this is such a hard concept to grasp, nor do i see it as being racist, separatist or any other -ist that ppl would like to use. i guess i don't understand the strong opposition to the suggestion.

but if it's not in everyone's best interest for black ppl to take care and do better for themselves first (Speak, Do, Think Maat), so be it.

>Kemetion, I give up. Talking
>to you is like screaming
>at a wall. I
>don't think we will ever
>see eye-2-eye on this.
>I am more for racial
>unity, and you seem to
>be more of a seperationist.
> That's fine if that
> is your point of
>view, It would do me
>no good to try to
>change it.

Shemhotep
"Be not arrogant because of your knowledge. Take counsel with the ignorant as well as with the wise. For the limits of knowledge in any field have never been set and no one has ever reached them. Wisdom is rarer than emeralds, and yet it is found among the women who gather at the grindstones."
-The Book of Ptahhotep(excerpt)