Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject***sigh****
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10564
10564, ***sigh****
Posted by kemetian, Mon Oct-15-01 12:15 PM
Yimhotep

u know what eric? my main concern isn't about getting the whole world to get along. have u guessed that? yep, it's true! i don't give a flying flip about the whole world getting along b/c i have more pressing issues. u c, i have to take it one step @ a time. see my last response to Qoolskip - organ analogy. in fact i don't even care if white ppl understand that they have a collective consciousness. if u don't want to, that's fine, my job is not to change the minds/hearts of white ppl. my job is to do whatever i can to return black ppl to their rightful place in the world. my job is to do what i can to reverse the devastating effects of the wrongs that were done to us, whether or not we took part in it. b/c i have responsibilty to those who came b4 me and who came after me. i can't be concerned w/ just myself and carving out my little place in heaven.

blk ppl are in no position to make any proper contribution to the world unless we get ourselves together. this includes (as i c it):

1. understanding that there is such a thing as a collective consciousness. and what part it plays in the behavior of a ppl regardless of their geographic location.

2. understanding that we having been taking part in a system based on a coll. consc. (that's a long term to keep typing out) not our own. in fact in many ways this coll. consc. is quite opposed.

3. understanding that Our coll. consc. is the BEST for us.

4. returning to our former selves through an emphasis on spirituality by examining the systems of those With Knowledge and incorporating it into our everyday lives. in doing so, seeing the unity among all the systems ensure that the age-old tricks of divide and conquer never take part in the destruction of black civilization again.

5. using this spiritual basis (Maat) for economic, social, educational and every other -al, empowerment.

now if this forum can be used for anything it is for white ppl to gain a better understanding of black ppl. y not the other way around? b/c we're immersed in your culture everyday, we know u, very well. and this puts u in a unique position to either use that knowledge when u assume your positions of power to build up or destroy. what would be absolutely wonderful is if ppl like u when u run america make laws that don't continue the exploitation of developing countries, that don't continue the oppression of brown and black-skinned ppl in your country.

if u can understand the way ppl feel by listening to hip-hop, that would be great. b/c i won't count on M2 and Sticman running this country, but u can. so if their msg can influence the way u run the country, well glory be to that. that in my opinion is "breaking barriers", not "doing graf" and "hanging out" together.

however if ppl are so busy trying to say "not me! not me! i don't do that!" (a la jeflee in his little soliloquy) i won't hold my breath.

Shemhotep
"Be not arrogant because of your knowledge. Take counsel with the ignorant as well as with the wise. For the limits of knowledge in any field have never been set and no one has ever reached them. Wisdom is rarer than emeralds, and yet it is found among the women who gather at the grindstones."
-The Book of Ptahhotep(excerpt)