Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: very clear
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10557
10557, RE: very clear
Posted by cued, Thu Oct-18-01 01:11 PM
Listen, I listen to more than hip-hop. Hell, I am even a classically trained vocalist.

Which means that I am very opposed to simply noise. I used to like Korn, for example, because they were about more than noise... all of their psuedo-followers... it just hurts my ears.

Anger is beautiful, if it is used. There is "heart" in any and all emotions. However, I need for music to give me more than anger or aggression. And therefore, when I look at it, it doesn't speak to me....

Now, as far as punk, you might wanna look at Patti Smith. Especially her album _Horses_ which is brilliant and _Easter_.

Peace, Eric,

Quentin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"americans are gross!" -utamaroho

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."

"falling in love with somebody's soul...their essence their personality their walk their talk the way they speak and smile...no matter what the physical outer body is..male or female...is a temptation i hope i am never foolish enough to resist." - Hot Damali