Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectbroken down
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10549
10549, broken down
Posted by Federisco, Wed Oct-17-01 03:44 AM
>It seems, to me, that things
>continue in the wake of
>one cultural expression -- and
>it isn't african. The idea
>of individuals coming together.
>
>That was disturbing.

I understand u afraid hiphop will be getting watered out (hope i got you right?).. i can see where you come from, (......USA }>).

But i dont' agree with you, what is disturbing? That "individuals are coming together"? When individuals come together in a friendly "we in it together" way, i usually see mostly good in it.. specially when it comes to hiphop.

When crowds come together, and say the break down barriers, i think... i think it GOT the power to break down barriers. If you dont use or take advantage of that power, you've got some work to do

To me, when they talk about breaking down barriers, that means going international (not mainstream overground), reaching new crowds. Sorry to use a too much used cliché: Without hip hop i wouldn't be here, reading utamaroho, Solarus, you ;-), Koku, Tohunga.. now that is one barrier broken, i learn new shit all the time, even now

If you want to take advantage of that barrier broken down, teach me some shit too, go ahead, click "Reply".. it's right there... bellow >>>