Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Read
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10546
10546, RE: Read
Posted by guest, Sun Oct-14-01 07:56 AM
>Yimhotep
>
>>When was the last time you
>>saw an all blacks in

>i did not say they were
>all white /black. altho' i
>attended a dead prez show
>in England and most peeps
>were white (and high). but
>i'd like to hear some
>black ppl (not the artists)
>saying hip hop is "breaking
>down barriers." what does this
>mean exactly?
Racial barriers imposed on us. People that elderlys, gov't, hate groups and such that say we should not be together. Blacks, whites, asians, hispanics, getting together, talking, getting to know each other, and having a good time.
i mean, does
>it mean that blk ppl
>and white ppl are able
>to dance in the same
>room? listen to the same
>music? didn't we do this
>in the '70s?
>i need a definition of
>"breaking down barriers". what does
>it mean "after the morning
>after" (c) Frankie Beverly w/
>Maze, u know? after the
>music's off, don't we go
>our separate ways?
No, actually it has brought lots of people together, people meet others "oh you break, whats you number, we need to get together and get down sometime, consider yourself part of the crew.
"oh you rhyme too? lets battle or lets get a cypher going on."
Of course there are always people that you see from time to time, and dont really keep up each other, but when they see each other its all love. But thats bound to happen. And usuall ITS NOT A RACE THING. Its happened with headz of all hues. So, every time you met a group of whites at a show you kept in constant touch with them?
so is
>this barrier broken down for
>the moment?
barrier is always broken down. Like I said hip-hop has brought me and my crew together, and we are people you would not thing be hanging out. 36 and 28 year old black dudes hanging out with 19 year old white dudes? b-boyin', doing graf. That sound like "barriers being broken down" esp. dudes that said they went through times when they did not like white people.(dont want to say racist, b/c 20 ppl are gonna jump on me for that) So you obviously by your question posed at me take time and get to know those of different races from you at hip-hop shows didnt go your separate way. Or maybe you do, and think everyone else does.
school me, i'm
>listening.
>
>
>Shemhotep
>************

Anyone can flip shit kid, I stick the
landing-J-tredds

Hey dad, heard ya cursing. Can I join
in? Crap, hell, crap!!-Bart simpson

Whats your favortie dish? Im not gonna
cook it but Ill order it from